- Outstanding First Feature: Jonathan
- Outstanding Documentary Feature: Southwest of Salem: The Story of the San Antonio Four
- Audience Award for Narrative Feature: Pushing Dead
- Audience Award for Documentary Feature: Southwest of Salem: The Story of the San Antonio Four
- Audience Award for Short Film: Vámonos
Frameline40 (2016) Films
In this beautifully shot love story, Yoli is a seductive queer xicana artist who finds great passion with Daña, an alluring Puerto Rican nurse. But their growing intimacy stirs up their own troubled histories. Can Yoli break the cycle, face the past, and create something new for herself?
Shane is at a crossroads after a family tragedy. He can take care of his mom, go through the motions with his girlfriend, and fend off despair on the beautiful, impoverished Anishinaabe reservation in northern Ontario. Or he can use a small inheritance to go to college in Toronto and dare to live openly as a gay man...
It’s 102 nail-biting days before last year’s Supreme Court decision on whether same-sex marriage will be legal in all fifty states, and Evan Wolfson—“the Marriage Guy”—isn’t pacing the floor. Instead, he’s confidently preparing supportive briefs to let the justices know that America is ready for this momentous change. In fact, Wolfson saw the revolution coming decades earlier...