Frameline Talk: Queer in the Time of COVID
A global look at LGBTQ+ film festivals, how they’ve adapted and thrived during the pandemic. What have we learned? What does the future of the festival landscape look like? This talk will engage queer film festival programmers from around the world in a discussion focused on the impact of COVID in 2020 and plans for 2021. Programmers will discuss how the new streaming frontier will shape how festivals will connect with their unique audiences and filmmakers moving forward.
MODERATOR: James Woolley, Executive Director, Frameline
- Spiro Economopolous, Programming Director, MQFF
- Lauren Howes, Executive Director, Inside Out
- Damien Navarro, Executive Director, Outfest
- Ray Yeung, Hong Kong Lesbian and Gay Film Festival, filmmaker Twilight’s Kiss (Suk Suk)
- Martha Kate Margetson, Head of Festival, Fringe! Queer Film & Arts Fest
The Frameline Talks series is supported by Variety.
Buying Note: This free digital screening will be available starting at 5:30pm PDT Fri, Jun 18, where it will be broadcast on Frameline’s Facebook and YouTube channels. For access, please reserve a free ticket.
Wells Fargo Foundation