Frameline Talk: Queer Legacies
What happens to queer history when the archive is silent, emptied, or repressed? Queer documentarians are addressing gaps in the stories we tell about ourselves, unearthing previously unexplored chapters of our shared past. Hear from the Frameline45 filmmakers who have discovered and interpreted previously unsung legacies, as they discuss taking control of the queer historical narrative. Invited participants include film teams from P.S. Burn This Letter Please, Rebel Dykes, and Nelly Queen: The Life and Times of José Sarria.
MODERATOR: Gerard Koskovich, public historian/archivist
- Joseph R. Castel, director, Nelly Queen
- Siobhan Fahey, archive producer, Rebel Dykes
- Harri Shanahan, director, Rebel Dykes
- Jennifer Tiexiera, director, P.S. Burn This Letter Please
- Siân A. Williams, director, Rebel Dykes
The Frameline Talks series is supported byVariety.
Buying Note: This free digital screening will be available starting at 5:30pm PDT Mon, Jun 21, where it will be broadcast on Frameline’s Facebook and YouTube channels. For access, please reserve a free ticket.