Accessibility & Code of Conduct
Q: Which Q&As have ASL interpretation?
A: Films with ASL interpretation will be noted in the film page.
Q: Are captions available on all devices?
A: Yes, we now offer captions on TV apps and web.
Q: What films have audio description?
A: None of the films at Frameline45 have audio description.
Q: What is the Userway Widget on the Digital Screening Room platform?
A: The Userway Widget creates a simpler and more accessible browsing experience for users with mobility issues.
Q: What films are captioned?
A: This list is being updated as more information becomes available. At the moment, the following titles will have Closed Captioning:
- Being Thunder
- Betty: Season 2, Episodes 1-3 (Desktop Only)
- Boy Meets Boy
- Can You Bring It: Bill T. Jones and D-Man in the Waters
- DENNIS: The Man Who Legalized Cannabis (short)
- Everybody's Talking About Jamie
- FANNY: The Right to Rock
- F1-100 (short)
- From A to Q (short)
- Genera+ion: Season 1, Part 2, Episodes 109-111 (Desktop Only)
- The Greenhouse
- In the Heights
- Joychild (short)
- Jump, Darling
- Kind Of (short)
- Language Lessons
- Ma Belle, My Beauty
- Nelly Queen: The Life and Times of José Sarria
- No Straight Lines: The Rise of Queer Comics
- North by Current
- Of Self Blessing (short)
- Plaisir (short)
- P.S. Burn This Letter Please
- Pure (short)
- Raw! Uncut! Video!
- Rebel Dykes
- A Sexplanation
- Sheer Qorma (short)
- Swan Song
- The Test (short)
- Trade Center (short)
- Truman and Tennessee: An Intimate Conversation
- Walking with Shadows
Q: What films are fully subtitled?
A: The following films are fully subtitled :
- As We Like It
- Dear Tenant
- Instructions for Survival
- Made on the Rooftop
- Summer of 85
Q: Can I request ADA spots?
A: If you require ADA parking accommodations, please let a parking attendant know upon arrival. If you have a request for accommodations in advance of the show or questions, please contact email@example.com.
Q: Are there ADA restroom stalls?
A: All venues have accessible stalls.
Q: Will the Drive-In films have closed captions available?
A: None of the Drive-In films have captions.
Q: Are the venues wheelchair accessible?
A: FORT MASON FLIX is completely flat and accessible. The West Wind Solano has humps where the cars are parked. Please note that there are flat parking spots at the West Wind Solano that are fully accessible. The restroom and concessions area is also flat and accessible.
Q: Are service dogs welcome?
A: Yes, on leash and under the owner's control.
Code of Conduct
Frameline's mission is to change the world through the power of LGBTQ+ media. Our goal is to connect filmmakers and audiences in the Bay Area and around the world; and we value the creative expression, cultural diversity, and varied perspectives that make up our community.
While we appreciate dialogues and differing opinions at the Festival, we will not tolerate harassment, discrimination, or abusive behavior. This includes but is not limited to:
- Offensive comments related to race, ethnicity, nationality, citizenship status, gender identity and/or expression, sexuality, physical appearance, religion, ability, age, or economic background.
- Violence of any kind, including verbal or physical intimidation, sexual harassment or non-consensual physical interaction.
- Ongoing disruption of Frameline events.
All Frameline audience participants, volunteers, staff, and board members are expected to follow this Code of Conduct for the entirety of all Frameline screenings and events and in all Frameline virtual spaces.
Frameline reserves the right to revoke tickets, passes, and access to Frameline events without notice or refund, for any action that violates this Code of Conduct. Any individual who witnesses or experiences a violation of this Code of Conduct should contact a Frameline staff member immediately. If a Frameline staff member is not present, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.