A free series of screenings and discussions for the queer community.
Frameline is more than your favorite summertime film festival! Enjoy edgy queer film year-round with the Frameline Encore Screening Series.
Frameline Encore aims to increase accessibility to diverse queer stories, with an emphasis on films and discussions about underrepresented experiences, such as gender variant folks and queer communities of color.
- August 14, 2014: VALENTINE ROAD
- September 18: LADY VALOR - THE KRISTIN BECK STORY
- October 9: THE CIRCLE
- November 6: REGARDING SUSAN SONTAG
- December 4: EAT WITH ME
- January 15: LIMITED PARTNERSHIP
- February 24: BORN THIS WAY
Past Screenings (2013-2014 season):
- August 15: ODD PEOPLE OUT
- September 24: FOLSOM FOREVER: Leather Week Edition
- October 10: THE NEW BLACK
- November 7: CALL ME KUCHU
- December 5: SEVENTH-GAY ADVENTIST
- January 9: THE INFAMOUS T & A SELF-MADE MAN
- February 27: INTERSEXION
- March 27: VALENCIA: The Movie/s
The Roxie, which is the oldest and longest continually-running theater in the United States, remains committed to independent, experimental, and non-traditional filmmakers. We're thrilled to bring a monthly queer screening series to this vital community hub!
Frameline Encore Screening Series is made possible in part with the generous support of Folsom Street Events. (Link NSFW!)